Saturday, April 17, 2010

California and Kidney Infections

Last Saturday my mom and I ventured on over to Califonia with the kids to attend my cousin Trent's wedding at the Newport Temple... Paul went on a camping trip with his friend chase on Friday and my dad offered to have a sleepover with Morgan that evening... My mom told me that they had a grand time eating cookies, watching movies, telling scary stories, and best of all staying up til 2 am! Well Morgan got one hour of sleep before we left for California and my mom and I both happened to just get 3 hours of sleep... We left at 3:30 so that we could make it in time for the 12:00 sealing... Luckily I am such a chit chatter that I was able to keep my mom wide awake the whole way there... Asher did really well on the way there only cried a little in the beginning... Morgan I thought would sleep more but I guess it wasn't too comfortable for her to sleep in her carseat... We ended up getting to the temple about an hour and a half early so we got Morgan somewhat ready and walked around a little bit while we waited for everyone to get there... I definatley thought it would be much warmer that it was and sadly for Morgan I didnt pack her a jacket at all... It was pretty chilly in the Morning... My cousin Bridgette watched Morgan and Asher while my mom and I went in for the sealing... She said she had a hoot playing with all the little kids... Morgan also LOVES being outside...
Morgan playing while we are waiting for Trent and his new wife to come out of the Temple...
Mr. & Mrs Trent Peterson!
wrapping up in her blankie! It was a bit chilly!
The groom talking to all the people that came to the Temple...
Family Picture!
Morgan playing with her new friend that she made!

After the sealing we went down the street to a little park overlooking the ocean to have the luncheon... It was super simple but so cute... They had little sack lunches for everyone... I wish I would have taken a picture... After we ate we couldn't resist going down to the beach... It was morgans first time and I was so exciting to take her.... I definately was more excited than she was...

Grandma playing with morgan
The four of us! Asher was asleep but still enjoying the fresh air!
Asher and I





My cousin Bridgette and I
Me and my Aunt Linda

My cousin Cody and I
Once we left the beach it was about a 40 minute drive back to the hotel in Pomona... We literally got back to the hotel like ten minutes before the reception started... Morgan definately needed a bath so I gave her one and decided not to do much needed work on myself...
Morgan playing at the reception... They had a yummy barbeque dinner... Morgan is wearing her beautiful spongebob pajama top as a jacket since it was the only long sleeve thing I had packed for her and it was freezing... We figured no one would mind... Plus she still looked super cute!

Me with the bride and groom... Dont mind my undone self!
Asher on the car ride home

It was a very short trip a little more than 24 hours but we sure were glad that we were able to go and support our family... It was a little crazy having the 2 kids and not having Paul there but I am glad he was able to go on his camping trip and get some time to relax! I do have to say that these kids really were champs this whole trip! Besides morgan having a big burst of energy the entire time... But what do you expect from a 2 year old! :)
On the way back from California I was having some back pain and really didn't think much of it until later that night when I noticed that it was only on the left side of my back in the kidney region... I told Paul I thought I was getting a kidney infection (because I have had one previously about 5 years ago) and that I would go to the doctor if I started to get a fever... I was in a considerable amount of pain and went to sleep... Monday Afternoon I started running a fever and decided to go into Urgent care to see if I could get it taken care of before it progressed anymore... I went in at about 7 pm and was indeed diagnosed with a kidney infection and was sent home with a prescription. I went to Walmart to go get it filled since their pharmamcy didn't close til nine and when they gave me my prescription and was explaining to me how to take it I noticed it wasn't matching up with what the doctor had told me...When the Doctor had first prescribed me something I asked if it was okay to take while nursing and he said oh good thanks for letting me know I will need to change it for you... So the first prescription he had written for me was to take twice a day and the new one was for 6 times a day. Anywho when the pharmacist was telling me to take it twice daily that just wasnt sounding right so I tried to explain the situation.... I then looked at my discharge papers and it said on their a different prescription than the one I was presribed and so the pharmacist said he could no longer give me anything since my discharge and the precription didnt match up... Urgent care was already closed by then so I couldnt get it fixed and was frustrated because I was in a lot of pain, so the pharmacist said the best thing I could probably do was to go down to the ER and see if they could do something about the prescription... So off we went to the ER and explained the situation that I was in and they said they were going to admit me. I had to give a urine sample and after they tested it and the results came back the doctor felt it would be best to start me on an IV to help lower my fever and to start my antibiotics through the IV as well and to order some blood work and a kidney ultrasound since I have had a previous kidney infection...They started my IV and antibiotics and then gave me some Morphine, antinausea medication, and some tylenol... I was pretty comfortable... I went and got my ultrasound and everything came back good so at 3 am they discharged me and let me go home... The Morphine had made me super tired, So my mom who was at the hospital with me offered to come stay at my place for the night so i could get some sleep... Paul went and picked up the right antibiotics the next morning so I could get started on them...The next couple of days were pretty rough but I am now glad to say they antibiotics have kicked into full gear and I am feeling much better... I am soooo glad I caught the infection fast and I didnt have to go through everything I did last time which is a whole nother story!



1 comments:

Jamielyn said...

what a fun trip. I'm sorry you got kidney infection, I've heard those are NO fun!! Hope you are feeling better!