Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 1 of 90

I have been wanting to get a gym membership for quite sometime now. For years actually but Paul said the only way I could get one is if I had someone I could go work out with. Which is understandable to give you the motivation to go. Because lets be honest having a workout buddy is so much better than working out alone. Someone to help drive you and keep you going when you feel like quitting because it's getting a little hard. Well I heard about these 3 month fitness works passes for $20 and asked my friend Liesl if she was interested in getting one with me. She said yes and in fact I think it was her nephew who sold them to us for a fundraiser. Anywho tonight was my first time in a gym in 4 years. And lets be honest I have kind of become a couch potato ever since I got married. Liesl on the other hand is a certified trainer which is great for me since my workout buddy can seriously give me some direction since I have NO CLUE what I am doing. Today we started out by doing warm up cardio. Ten minutes in the elliptical Sp? Then we did some squat things while holding weights in our hands. We did 3 different exercises 20 reps each 3 times. She was good enough to complete them all but I seriously couldn't do that many so I probably did about half that. I was really pretty embarrassed that I was that out of shape and I felt like my legs were going to collapse underneath me at any given moment. We then moved over to the machines and did 3 different exercises on the leg press with 12 reps each 3 times. I felt a little better with that one. We then did 15 min cool down cardio. I chose to do the bike over the elliptical since my legs were so wobbly and weak I didnt want my legs to give out on that machine. It felt really good to get back into a gym and I really felt a sense of accomplishment. After high school my friend tony was a trainer too and I would work out with him everyday for about 2 hours and I loved it. I hope I enjoy it this time around because tonight whooped my butt and I feel like I hardly did anything. I just kept thinking how in the world do the people on the biggest loser do this! I would die if I was ever on the show. So, I guess this little 3 month pass will be a good trial run for a real membership someday.

0 comments: