Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Surprise! I have a name

I know you all have been wondering why I haven't mentioned the baby's name in any of the previous posts, but that is because up until one week after he was born he was known as baby. Paul and I were quite the procrastinators and didn't come up with a name before he was born, nor did we have any ideas really. All of the ones I seemed to like he didn't and vice versa. The names Paul had mentioned that he liked before hand were Dylan, Mason, and Connor. I decided that I liked the name Ryker Tanner. A friend told me that Ryker means Richard in dutch which just seems so appropriate since my Dad and Brandon's names are Richard and the R in Tanners name stood for that. I thought it would be a cool way to honor their names without having to actually use the name Richard. Anywho, neither of us agreed on any of those 4 names. So baby boy was born and I was really hoping to have a name picked out by the time we left the hospital. Well to be honest I don't think we really even discussed it while we were there. When we got home Paul was working really really long hours that week and so we literally  had about 15 min to discuss names that we had though of throughout the day. Sad thing is Paul was too busy working to think of any and I was too busy taking care of 3 little ones to be able to sit down on the computer to look any up. Finally one night Paul suggested the name Blaine. I wasn't opposed to it, but it wasn't my favorite. For a few days I thought that maybe that is what his name would be. I was hoping for the name Grayson since I thought it was a cute and unique name but Paul wasn't in favor. So Long story short if the hospital would have called on Monday to ask what we were going to name him this little boys name would have been BLAINE CONNOR HOLGATE.... However Monday I found some time to look up names and came across the name Sterling and Paul said he liked that one for a middle name so we were pretty convinced it was going to be Blaine Sterling. Well that night around 11pm when Paul got home from work I asked can we please name him Grayson Sterling and to my surprise he agreed. I still don't know if its because he gave in or because he actually likes the name. SO there you have it. Our little boy was finally named 7 days after being born and his official name is GRAYSON STERLING HOLGATE. All I have to say is I will never go without naming my kids before they are born. It was so stressful and every time I would look  at him and then think of a name I would just think to myself that he didn't look like a this or a that. So now 3 months later we just need to bless our little boy!

0 comments: